Former Senior Research Officer
Srean Chhim was a Senior Research Officer at FHI 360 Cambodia. During his time at FHI 360, Chhim worked more than seven years designing and leading HIV-related research including national key population size estimations, national integrated biological and behavioral surveys, cluster randomized control trial, program evaluations and intervention research studies. His main role included developing study protocols, submitting protocol applications to the institutional review board for approval, managing data collection teams, analyzing data, and writing reports/manuscripts.
Chhim currently works as a health researcher for the National Institute of Public Health in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
Chhim has a Master of Science in Epidemiology from the School of Public Health at the National Institute of Public Health, a bachelor’s degree in English from Human Resources University, and a bachelor’s degree in Geography from the Royal University of Phnom Penh, in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
- Srean Chhim, John Macom, Chettana Pav, Nirada Nim, Phearun Yun, Sopheap Seng, Kolab Chhim, Sovannary Tuot, Siyan Yi. Using risk-tracing snowball approach to increase HIV case detection among high-risk populations in Cambodia: An intervention study. BMC Infectious Diseases 10/2017; 17(1). DOI:10.1186/s12879-017-2790-1
- Srean Chhim, Chanrith Ngin, Pheak Chhoun, Sovannary Tuot, Cheaty Ly, Phalkun Mun, Khuondyla Pal, John Macom, Jean-Philippe Dousset, Gitau Mburu, Siyan Yi. HIV prevalence and factors associated with HIV infection among transgender women in Cambodia: Results from a national Integrated Biological and Behavioral Survey. BMJ Open 08/2017; 7(8):e015390. DOI:10.1136/bmjopen-2016-015390
- Siyan Yi, Chanrith Ngin, Sovannary Tuot, Pheak Chhoun, Srean Chhim, Khuondyla Pal, Phalkun Mun, Gitau Mburu. HIV prevalence, risky behaviors, and discrimination experiences among transgender women in Cambodia: Descriptive findings from a national integrated biological and behavioral survey. BMC International Health and Human Rights 05/2017; 17(14). DOI:10.1186/s12914-017-0122-6
- Khuondyla Pal, Chanrith Ngin, Sovannary Tuot, Pheak Chhoun, Cheaty Ly, Srean Chhim, Minh-Anh Luong, Brent Tatomir, Siyan Yi. Acceptability study on HIV self-testing among transgender women, men who have sex with men, and female entertainment workers in Cambodia: A qualitative analysis. PLoS ONE 11/2016; 11(11):e0166129. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0166129
- Siyan Yi, Srean Chhim, Pheak Chhoun, Sovannary Tuot, Cheaty Ly, Phalkun Mun, Jennifer Dionisio, Ngak Song, Khuondyla Pal, Chanrith Ngin. Men who have sex with men in Cambodia: Population size, HIV risky behaviors, and HIV prevalence. American Journal of Epidemiology and Infectious Disease 2016; 4(5). DOI:10.12691/ajeid-4-5-2
- Amy Weissman, Song Ngak, Chhim Srean, Neth Sansothy, Stephen Mills, Laurent Ferradini. HIV prevalence and risks associated with HIV infection among transgender individuals in Cambodia. PLoS ONE 04/2016; 11(4):e0152906. DOI:10.1371/journal.pone.0152906
- Thomas Crewe Dixon, Ellen Stein, Song Ngak, Chhim Srean, Phou Maly, Muth Sokunny, Adam Carrico, Kimberly Page, Lisa Maher. Qualitative research and implementation science: Informing the acceptability and implementation of a trial of a conditional cash transfer intervention designed to reduce drug use and HIV risk. Methodological Innovations
03/2016; 9. DOI:10.1177/2059799115622751
- Lim Thyda, Sreng Sineng, Thérèse Delvaux, Chhim Srean, Sos Mary, Penh Vuochnea, Pav Chettana, Nim Nirada, Chel Sarim, Pich Chantha, Yorn Thoeun, Laurent Ferradini. Implementation and operational research: Integration of family planning services in a peer-managed HIV care clinic serving most-at-risk populations in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. JAIDS Journal of Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndromes 08/2015; 69(4). DOI:10.1097/QAI.0000000000000635